Chickpea soup with sweet potato
Chickpeas are great to create thickness in your soup.
Servings 4 persons, Preparation time 5 minutes, Cooking time: 23 minutes
- 300 g cooked chickpeas (can), washed, drained
- 100 g skinned sweet potato
- 70 g chopped leek
- 5 stalks parsley or coriander
- 700 ml vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- ½ tbsp coriander seeds
- Pinch of red pepper powder
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt, or more to taste
- juice of ½ lime or more to taste
- feta, to garnish
- Cut the sweet potato into 2-3 cm pieces. Place them with the rest of the ingredients into the Soup maker.
- Close the lid and press the Puréed soup program.
- When the soup is ready, open the lid and pour into bowls.
- Finish with feta on top.
- Chef’s tip: Finely chopped coriander mixed with olive oil makes a nice finishing on top of your soup. Any potato or root vegetable could replace the sweet potato.