Carrot and coriander soup
Rich and smooth with a hint of sweetness
Servings 4 persons, Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 bunch of carrots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 4 teaspoons crème fraîche
- freshly ground black pepper
- Clean and cut up the carrots.
- Heat the oil in a soup pot and sauté the onion until it becomes transparent. Add the carrots, cumin and 1 tablespoon of coriander leaves and sauté over a high heat for 2 minutes, stirring continuously. Add the stock and cook the carrots for 15 minutes until tender. Leave to cool for a few minutes (liquid shouldn’t exceed 80°C).
- Purée the carrots with the stock in the blender on MAX for at least 1 minute. Reheat if necessary and season to taste.
- Serve the soup with a spoon of crème fraîche and some freshly ground black pepper, and sprinkle with the coriander leaves.
- 30 minutes preparation time