Philips 5500 series Full HD LED TV 40PFT5509S 102 cm (40") Full HD LED TV DVB-T/T2 with Ambilight 2-sided and Digital Crystal Clear is rated
Rated 4 out of
Good picture quality
My previous TV's display panel gave away after almost 5 years. So, I've been hunting for a good LED LCD TV for almost 4 weeks plus in my busy schedule, thats' right no TV for more than a month, no impact actually.
So cut the story short, looked all sort of TV's, 8 well known brands, 48 models, 15 shops! At last compared this model with another 2 major brands LED LCD TV, 55 inch, playing the same movie. I must say:
1. I liked the picture quality on this one, colours were more accurate, blue was real blue, greens were real green.
2. The LED LCD panel has double layer.
3. The panel was less warmer than most of the brands, after being switched on for long hours in the shop.
4. The best of all, it has ambient light at the back, to be easy on your eyes in the dark.
5. The remote control is capable of controlling the Satelite TV box without any setup.
6. It came with a free wall mount bracket (only in Malaysia, I guess)
7. The best value for a non-smart 55 inch TV, among the other market players.
8. Disappointments - only has 2 HDMI, not enough if I wish to add an after market Android Box. The two ports has been used up, one for SAT TV and another for my PS3. Only has 1 USB port, should have two at least. I can use it to charge PS3 game pads, or even phones. No S-Video port or VGA, to connect older devices. But with all that said, I think I can try to live with the shortfalls.
Overall, this feedback is written in the first 2 hours of switching on my new TV!
Date published: 2015-05-27