Brown or yellow-like stains are the result of impurities or chemicals in the water. If you live in an area with hard water, rapid scale build-up may occur. Therefore, it is recommended to use distilled or demineralised water to prolong the lifetime of the steam generator.
Regular descaling action (removal of water from steam generator) will help to reduce this effect.
Descale the soleplate by following the procedure below. We advise you to
perform the procedure twice for better results.
- Make sure the appliance is cool, and clean the soleplate with a damp cloth.
- Empty the water tank through the filling door. Tilt the appliance and remove the EASY DE-CALC knob.
- Pour 500 ml of distilled water into the DE-CALC opening and tighten the EASY DE-CALC knob.
- Fill up the water tank halfway. Switch on the steam generator and wait for 5 minutes.
- Keep the steam trigger pressed continuously while you iron a few pieces of thick cloth in a back and forth motion for 3 minutes.
Warning: Hot, dirty water (about 100-150 ml) will come out of the soleplate.
- Stop cleaning when water no longer comes out of the soleplate or when steam starts coming out of the soleplate.
- Unplug the steam generator and let it cool down for at least two hours. Remove the EASY DE-CALC knob and let the remaining water flow out. Tighten the EASY DE-CALC knob.