How can I clean the soleplate of my Philips Steam/Dry Iron?
Instructions to clean the soleplate of your iron
- Set the iron's temperature to between "1 dot" and "2 dots" (if your iron belongs to the PerfectCare range, you can skip this step).
- Unplug the iron and place it on its heel with a piece of rag cotton cloth underneath.
- Apply the cleaning stick over the dirty area once or twice.
- Wipe the dirty area and liquid from the soleplate with the piece of cotton cloth.
- (If you have a dry iron, you can skip this step) Clean off the remaining wax in the steam vents with a cotton bud and by steam-ironing over the rag cloth.
- The soleplate is hot, please do not touch it with bare hands.
- During cleaning, some fumes will be emitted from the melted cleaning stick material.
- Not for internal consumption.
- Keep the cleaning stick away from children.